Apply for this Legal Cashier Job in London by filling out the form below or contacting the consultant handling the role, their contact details are also below. We look forward to hearing from you.
A small and well established law firm based in the heart of the City of London are looking for a Sole Charge Legal Cashier to report into the Finance Director.
An established City of London law firm with an international focus. The legal team offers a full complement of legal services to private and commercial clients.
As the Sole Charge Legal Cashier the role will responsible for all aspects of client accounting under Solicitors Accounting Regulations. The role will require someone to work under minimal supervision and to use their own initiative to resolves any issues arising. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Daily banking, payments, receipts and relevant postings.
* Daily bills generation, finalising, posting and sending to the clients. Time transfers, write offs.
* Opening of client matters and conflict checks. Designated deposit accounts - maintaining, reconciling & postings.
* Setting up direct bank payments on the bankline and some dealings with currencies.
* Liaise with fee earners regularly with their cases in relation to client balances, WIP, outstanding disbursements & debts outstanding.
* Maintain the purchase ledger. Capture general disbursements like couriers, travel expenses & postage.
* Credit control
* Weekly bank reconciliations.
* Weekly management information for the finance partner. Month-ends, year-ends and reports. Monthly management information.
* Liaising with the payroll bureau and with the accountants.
* Support and assist the Compliance Officer of Finance and Legal Practice. Assist with the accounts for two other entities of the company. SAR and SRA compliance
Applicants must be working in a similar, if not identical position, at the moment and must also be able to demonstrate a stable career history. A range of software will be used and so applicants must be able to use Excel to an intermediate level.
Candidates must be able to commute into the City of London
What's on Offer
The firm will offer a long term career to successful individual as well as a competitive package
Category: Accounts Assistant Jobs
Looking for a talented candidate to fill a current job vacancy? Simply fill out the form below and click â€˜submit jobâ€™, your details will be sent to an experienced consultant who will contact you to discuss your requirements in more detail.
Send us your CV, weâ€™ll keep you on file and contact you with relevant vacancies we receive.